Here are 7 steps to help you manage your own time:
- List all tasks and rank them by their importance.
- Plan and estimate the time required for every task.
- Prepare a list of no more than 20 tasks you need to do in one day, sorted from the most important to the least.
- Ensure that all listed tasks are necessary. If any task is not really essential, delete it from the list.
- Determine whether anyone else, in your organization or outside it, can do any of listed tasks for you. Assign that task to the appropriate person.
- Organize your remaining tasks systematically and logically in the most efficient order, keeping in mind which tasks are the most important to complete by the end of the day.
- Once you start, focus on a single task and delete it from your list as soon as it is completed. Avoid switching back and forth between tasks.
If you follow these 7 simple steps, you will find that you are once again in control of your day!